Comfort and convenience of modern apartment depends on the lighting. In addition to natural lighting, a great role in this belongs to artificial lighting. Correct lighting is not only coziness and comfort, it is the appropriate atmosphere in your home, the optimal conditions for work and rest, a good mood. To create artificial lighting apply lamps of various types and different functional purposes. With the help of lamps you can give the interior of the room a peculiar style and appearance.
1117 days – this is how much time modern women spend in the kitchen. Such conclusions are made on the basis of research by British scientists. Most of this time is devoted to cooking, and meals and gatherings with guests are second. Guided by these considerations, more attention should be paid to the proper selection of lighting.
In general, the territory is divided into two zones – the working and dining areas. The rules are quite simple: the kitchen must be light, and the working area – very light! This is because each part has its own purpose. With the task of the main lighting, the kitchen chandelier or spotlights cope with evenly distributed light from the ceiling. They can replace daylight or light the room in the evening.
For lighting in the work area, where food is prepared, pendant kitchen fixtures are attached to the ceiling in a row. Another version is the installation of point light fixtures mounted in the cornice above the furniture cabinets or in the suspended ceiling. For high ceilings and large room sizes, the first option is more convenient, while the second one will be more advantageous for smaller kitchens. The best suited for this are halogen lamps of miniature size. Decorative lighting for the working part is unacceptable, because it is here that the most important culinary actions are carried out. In order to make the preparation of a dinner or dinner comfortable, an additional lighting device is necessary.
The table is the center of the dining area, followed by guests and family. Here it is desirable to install a beautiful kitchen chandelier in the form of a lamp with one or several lampshades, elegant suspension, sconces. Depending on the chosen lighting device, you can create a romantic or quiet atmosphere.
Total 7 rules
What are the main requirements for lighting fixtures for the kitchen? Along with the unique design, these products must be functional and safe.
When choosing lighting, pay attention to the following points:
1) do not use cold shades, they give the room an excessive officialdom. Prefer neutral white or warm colors.
2) correctly estimate the capacity of the equipment, for the main space there is enough and 150 W, but for the working area this figure is conventionally calculated within 100 W per square meter.
3) for round tables ideal is a chandelier with a shade, and for long and square – symmetrical two-plafond models.
4) The modulated height and dimmer are very useful elements. With their help, you can not only regulate the degree of illumination, but save energy.
5) Considering the fact that the lamp in the kitchen is in contact with the environment, it is better if it has thermal and moisture resistance, excellent insulation of current-carrying components.
6) the product should be easily washable. Dust, grease, soot is not the best decoration for your chandelier or spot.
7) furniture, lighting and other elements of the interior must be selected in the same style.