Not so long ago, summer residents and owners of suburban or urban private houses with plots had to be content with portable metal braziers and standard wooden pavilions, often not satisfying the needs of the owners for a comfortable holiday. Today, the construction of a full gazebo with a stove, barbecue and barbecue – a whole complex for cooking on fire, is not difficult. Multifunctional furnace complexes can be used as full-fledged summer kitchens, which are operated in the open air and under all fire safety rules.
Kinds of furnaces for arbours, awnings or light pavilions
Arbor with a stove – the building is incredibly practical and convenient. Many owners of dacha or homestead plots would not refuse the opportunity not only to cook shish kebab, but also to cook porridge and soups, to smoke food and stew meat – all in the open air, but with protection from bad weather. From the point of view of functionality, we can distinguish the following types of furnaces for arbours and open pavilions:
1. Built-in oven complex – a brick structure, which includes a grill, oven, smokehouse and stove. If you equip the gazebo with such a complex, you get the possibility of cooking almost any dish. But making such a design will require you to build building skills, as well as the correct drawing up of a plan (this is the case when referring to specialists is the best outcome of the situation);
2. The night-barbecue. A distinctive feature of this oven is the ability to prepare dishes only on skewers or removable grilles. This is an excellent option for lovers of kebabs. The furnace has a simple design, it is often combined with a smoker, which significantly expands its functionality. Stationary designs of this type of kilns are usually erected together with a gazebo or a canopy. If you already have a wooden gazebo on the site, it is easier to install a metal brazier. Such portable designs usually do not take up much space and are very convenient. In some cases, it is advisable to make the portable brazier stationary and overlay it with a brick;
3.Stech-barbecue. By design, this type of oven is similar to a brazier, only instead of skewers for unfolding products using a grate. On the one hand, it is easier to use such a device, on the other hand, it is more difficult to clean after use. Stationary oven-barbecue is also built of bricks, like its analog for cooking dishes on skewers (oven-brazier).
Recently, the most widespread type of stationary stove-barbecue, supplemented with a table top and a sink. Such a complex most accurately meets the needs of owners of arbours with ovens for cooking various dishes. If you use a portable oven-barbecue, then most often it is installed in such a way that it is convenient to hang over it a hood.
4. Transferable brazier. This is a practical, portable device made of metal, resistant to corrosion and durable enough if properly used. It is easy to buy a ready-made BBQ and install it in an already existing pavilion on the site. If you do not plan to move the brazier, then you can overlay the structure with a brick, increasing strength and reliability, extending the life. In this case, the fire will be diluted inside the box, and the products can both be laid out on the grate, and thread on the skewers.
5. Disposable devices for cooking on fire. Inexpensive, portable designs, which, if necessary, can be disassembled and folded into a small box, boxes. The main disadvantage of these devices is the economy of manufacturers on the material, which quickly loses its strength and deforms at temperature differences.
6. Gas grill – for the preparation of various dishes, the heat from the stones is used;
7.Smoker-grill – one of the novelties in the field of cooking equipment, is used to produce grilled meat and smoked products.
8. The Passover-Kazan. The design has a hole for the installation of cauldron, designed for cooking pilaf, shurpa, stewed vegetables and meat.
9. The stove-brazier. The design is designed for cooking on solid fuel.
10.The fireplace. It is most often used in case the pavilion is supposed to be made by an all-season structure. But in the open pavilion you can admire the dance of fire in the hearth. In addition, a crawl can be used as a barbecue or grill.
Separately from the variety of options for ovens for garden arbors and canopies, I would like to single out such a structure as the “Russian stove”. The main advantage of this mini-furnace design is its multifunctionality. In such a furnace it will be possible not only to cook shish kebabs and grill vegetables, but also to cook porridges and soups, fry pancakes, and stew meat and vegetables. But the complex called “mini-oven in Russian” is a rather complicated construction from the point of view of erection. Installation of the “Russian oven” is best left to professionals.
Selection of material for the manufacture of a gazebo, a canopy or a pavilion with a stove
Pavilions with stove, barbecue and barbecue are most often used as a summer kitchen, i.e. in addition to the devices for cooking, they are equipped with sinks, countertops, and sometimes there is a dining room set up. Depending on the seasons in which the construction is planned to be used, models of open or closed pavilions and building materials for them are selected. Most of the owners of dacha and homestead land plots choose open pavilions, and sometimes even ordinary canopies.
The choice of the material for making the gazebo is based on the appearance and used building and finishing materials in the main building (home ownership) and other structures of the yard or plot. The choice of material for the performance of the arbor is influenced by its size and configuration.
It is difficult to imagine a more environmentally friendly, malleable material from the point of view of processing, which would be so organically looked in the dacha and homestead exterior as wood. Traditional for making gazebos material easily fits into any style of landscape design. Even on the territory where there are no more buildings made of wood, a gazebo or canopy executed in this natural material will look not only relevant, but also attractive, modern.
Pavilions made of wood are light enough and do not require a massive foundation, but it all depends on the breed you chose. In addition, the foundation will be necessary to install a stationary furnace (made of brick or stone). For the manufacture of summer cottages, canopies and open pavilions, you can use:
- racks for decorative grating;
- and even an array.
The wooden gazebo will last much longer if its surfaces are treated in a timely manner with special compounds that protect the products from moisture and make them fire-resistant.
Brick and stone constructions
The obvious advantages of brick and stone buildings are durability and durability. If the gazebo or pavilion is planned, which is called “for the century”, then it makes no sense to save on the materials and services of builders. In addition, the buildings of brick and stone are fireproof, serve for many years and their surfaces do not require periodic maintenance.
Certainly, brick as a building material for summer cottages or small pavilions within the urban private dwelling is used many times more often than stone. For obvious economic reasons, this material has become a favorite – raw materials and installation is much cheaper.
For the construction of a gazebo or a canopy with brick columns it will be necessary to equip a fairly massive foundation. As a rule, in such structures, the furnace is laid out of brick (fireproof) to create the most harmonious externally, lasting and durable, functional ensemble.
Combined summer cottage pavilions
The use of several types of building material for the construction of country cottages and household gazebos is a fairly common option. Most combinations are associated with a cheaper overall project, but without losing the strength and durability of the structure. You can combine:
- a rock;
- metallic profile;
- junk material.
One of the most common ways is to combine wood and bricks. As a rule, the working zone is made with the help of bricks, and for the rest or eating segment choose wood. Such a universal alliance leads to the creation of practical, aesthetic and modern buildings, ready for any natural disasters and meeting all your needs for outdoor recreation. From the point of view of aesthetics, the materials perfectly match and together they can become an ornament of any court or country plot.